Sunday, March 27, 2011

Word Rings

My son brought home this darling Cat in the Hat from school the other day.  I just thought it was too cute!  I also love having a little guy to get ideas from his great teachers.  My mind has been lacking in creativity lately!







I also tried to add up the other day the cost I spend on those little rings you can buy at the store.  I use them for word rings, vocabulary rings, math rings, etc.  They keep all of my student's words organized and words can be added and taken away as needed.  The students keep the card rings in their Browsing Bags so when we have our quiet reading time the students are not only reading their browsing books but also the card rings.  I have seen a really nice improvement in sight word recognition because the students are practicing them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment