Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Fun!

We had our Valentine's Day celebration today and we did not monkey around when we made our bags to collect our valentines.    The students were so proud of themselves as they delivered valentines.  I love this day!  


We also had the best time frosting and decorating cookies.  How simple it was, yet even after all these years teaching I had never had a cookie decorating party before.  I sent home a donation sheet requesting frosting and a variety of sprinkles, sugars and candies.  We set up a table where the students could create their own creations.  What fun it was.  A decorated sugar cookie and a Capri Sun was all that was needed for treats.    It was a very simple activity but the kids loved it!  Now it is time for a wonderful three day weekend.  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that I found your blog. I've just pinned your Mother's Day garden, your organize post and these Valentine's Day ideas. Thanks for sharing such great ideas. . .I'm your newest follower.

    I'm hosting a linky for people to share their Valentine's Day pictures, I'd love for you to link up this post if you have time. Enjoy your weekend.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete