Friday, April 15, 2011

Blending Books

 I love Blending Books!  I made several Blending Books for our classroom.  Basically, a Blending Book is made using a three ring binder and index cards.  As we learn our sounds throughout the year, we add the cards to the book so that we can blend the sounds into words.  All of the consonants are placed on white index cards and the vowels are placed on yellow.  The index cards can then be turned to make new words.  These books are cheap, easy to use, and so effective in teaching children to blend their sounds into words.  I use these books at group time and during guided reading groups for extra practice too.
 

7 comments:

  1. Those blending books look so awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    www.anotherdayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!! What a great idea! This will be a summer project :)

    Thanks!
    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome had to track you down from a pin I saw on Pinterest that did not go anywhere. Subscribed via e-mail to your site and Pinterest, but cannot find these so I can save this idea for my kids. Thanks, Amee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this wonderful idea! I am making one for my son tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! Thank you for being so smart. Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. I am going to make them this weekend. Liz

    ReplyDelete